A world without books would be a meaningless world. Books are what give people an imagination and knowledge. In the movie, Fahrenheit 451 people could not go a few minutes without watching TV. They were always in a daze and were just very weird. They felt words in a book were meaningless and just made people wish they had different lives. Nevertheless, that is why books are so important. They are a great form of entertainment because they stimulate the mind. Without them, I feel the world would lose creativity. People would be so dull and stupid. To be honest, the world we live in is sort of kind of like the world in the movie. People are too busy with technology to pick up a book. They are even making nooks and kindles and eliminating books all together. I realized that I have not read a book lately because I spend too much time on Facebook or on YouTube.
Imagine... looking at a comic book with just pictures or being sucked into the television. Your mind turning into goo and always being in a horrible daze, not sure whether your life is real or not. There is no way to get away from your problems. You always feel clueless to things that are going on around you or to what things mean. Having conversations with others that last a few seconds because you run out of ideas to discuss. People would be inside watching television no stop so people would never be outside enjoying the fresh air. Doesn't sound too fun does it? Life in a world like would get boring really fast. With books, you can escape to a secret world of your imagination where your problems are behind you. Words are not rubbish and they help you understand events that happened in the past and other important things about life. Do you want to live in a world where you are a mindless drone or would you rather live where you can be creative and be intelligent? I know personally I would die if I did not have books. I say no to a world without books!!
No comments:
Post a Comment